jueves, 13 de octubre de 2011

Composing Outside the Beatles

beatles-freak.com
DVD Review: Composing Outside The Beatles (Lennon & McCartney 1973-1980)
October 12, 2011 · 9:52 am
The third installment in a series of on the collaboration of Lennon and McCartney, ‘Composing Outside the Beatles: Lennon and McCartney 1973-1980′ brings a lot to the table…if you can bear to sit through it!
I had mentioned to another Beatles freak that I had been sent a copy of this video to review and since I had never seen the first two installments, they informed me that they felt the first two were ‘dry’.  I don’t know that I’d use that same term, but instead I felt this documentary, about the separate careers of Lennon and McCartney after the split of the Beatles, drawled on…and on.  Even my son, who was sitting within ear shot while I watched, commented, “Everyone just went on and on and never seemed to shut up.”
But as I said, this movie is not without it’s good points.  I think it does do a fine job of covering all of Lennon’s and McCartney’s albums in great detail with commentary by such well respected people as: Denny Laine, Klaus Voorman, Denny Seiwell and Anythony DeCurtis, to name a few.  The problem seems to arise when the producers decided to let everyone have their say about the albums, making the whole thing a bit lengthy and boring.  I also think this isn’t necessarily a DVD for the hardcore Beatles freaks, since I don’t know that it gave much information that hasn’t already been published elsewhere.
All-in-all, a well made documentary, but be prepared to pause your player to enjoy life!
This DVD will be released on October 25, 2011 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario