sábado, 3 de mayo de 2014

Pets That Influenced Rock and Pop : Martha (Paul McCartney)

www.rollingstone.com
Wild Things: 11 Pets That Influenced Rock and Pop
From Miley's puppy to Slash's boa constrictor, beloved animals that appeared in big shows and famous songs
By Gavin Edwards

"It is a daily struggle for me not to buy more cats," Taylor Swift has tweeted, but the pop singer still hasn't written a song about any feline. Some rock stars, however, have shown their devotion to their dogs, cats, snakes and other beloved companions by making them immortal through song, or on an album cover or in a video. Here are 11 of the most famous rock pets (not to be confused with pet rocks). By Gavin Edwards

paul mccartney slash
SSPL/Getty Images; Amanda Edwards/Getty Images

Martha (Paul McCartney)
"Martha My Dear," on the Beatles' White Album, is about an Old English sheepdog, his first-ever pet, not a human girl. "Our relationship was platonic, believe me," Paul McCartney joked. "I remember John being amazed to see me being so loving to an animal. He said, 'I've never seen you like that before.' I've since thought, you know, he wouldn't have. It's only when you're cuddling around with a dog that you're in that mode, and she was a very cuddly dog."

Paul McCartney
Keystone-France/Gamma-Keystone via Getty Images


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario