jueves, 23 de junio de 2016

Dave Grohl Talks Collaborating With Taylor Swift & Paul McCartney While Being High


Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift at SNL 40 After Party (feb 2015)



www.alternativenation.net
Dave Grohl Talks Collaborating With Taylor Swift & Paul McCartney While Being High
By Brett Buchanan
Jun 23, 2016



Dave Grohl discussed collaborating with Taylor Swift and Paul McCartney for a private live performance ‘Live Nation and Citi Present A Special Evening With Dave Grohl At Cannes Lions.’ Alternative Nation transcribed Grohl’s awesome story.

“So we were at a party and Paul was there, and we’re hanging out and having fun, there’s a piano in the room, and Paul gets up and starts playing a song, and it’s amazing. By the way, just so you know, Paul McCartney is the baddest motherfucker in the world, he really is. You kind of forget that not only is he the coolest, but he’s also the best. He’s cool man, he’s fun to hang out with. So he starts playing a song on the piano that’s in the house, in living room, and it’s blowing everyone’s fucking mind, it’s so cool. It’s a new Paul song, weird.

Then he finishes the song, and everybody looks at me like: ‘Come on Dave! Play a song!’ I’m like, ‘I don’t know how to play piano, I don’t know what to do, I can’t play fucking piano!’ Then I look around and Paul McCartney’s left handed, so all of the guitars are left handed. ‘Shit! God I’m screwed, what do I do?’ Also, I maybe smoked a little pot, so I was already challenged enough. I was like, ‘Oh my god, what I do do right now.’ All of a sudden Taylor Swift stands up and says, ‘I’ll play a song!’ I was like thank god, Taylor Swift is here. So she gets on the piano and I think, ‘Okay, I’ll jam with here.’

So I pick up one of Paul’s left handed basses off the wall, I’m super high, she starts playing, and I’m just trying to figure out how to play along to what she’s doing. It was kind of like one of those nightmares where you’re running backwards, or you’re always late for whatever you’ve got to go to. She was playing this really beautiful thing on piano, and I look at my wife like, I know this fucking song, and she was playing our song “Best of You.” As if I wasn’t high enough, that fucking blew me into outer space man. I was like, ‘Wait a second, Taylor Swift, Best of You, Paul McCartney, pot, what!’ I just lost my mind, so I felt obligated to sit next to her and duet. But her voice, she’s got a good voice, she can sing man.”








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario