martes, 14 de julio de 2015

Paul McCartney is still striving to feel relevant

www.express.co.uk
Sir Paul McCartney is still striving to feel 'good enough'
HE'S a legendary musician who has a mountain of achievements but Sir Paul McCartney says he has never felt good enough.
By DAY & NIGHT
PUBLISHED: Mon, Jul 13, 2015 

Sir Paul McCartney tries not to let his emotions take over while performing
Sir Paul McCartney tries not to let his emotions take over while performing

The former Beatle, 73, who has had an illustrious career for nearly 60 years, still feels he has something to prove.

"I never really felt like, 'Oh, I did good.' Even at the height of The Beatles," he admits.

"I prefer to think there's something I'm not doing quite right so I'm constantly working on it."

Sir Paul who recently collaborated on hit song Four Five Seconds with Kanye West, 38, and Rihanna, 27, adds that he is always pushing himself.


Paul McCartney with Rihanna and Kanye West

"Maybe I could write something that's just more relevant or new and that always drags me forward," he said about how he deals with the struggle to improve.

The star, who post Beatles forged a successful solo career as well as fronting his own group Wings, also says he tries hard not to let emotions take over him too much while performing his famously heartfelt songs as he'd end up crying on stage.


Wings

"I'm doing them just because they're songs," he says.

"When I do Let It Be I'm not thinking about my mum.

"When I do Here Today as I do that is very personal. That is me talking to John Lennon. If I ever spot anyone crying during Here Today that can set me off."


Here Today

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario