jueves, 12 de febrero de 2015

RINGO STARR : New song and new video

www.express.co.uk
Beatles legend Ringo Starr back with new album Postcards From Paradise
PAUL MCCARTNEY set the Grammys on fire with Kanye West and Rihanna and now his old Beatles band mate Ringo Starr is getting in on the action with a brilliant new album
By CHARLOTTE MCDONAGH
Published: Wed, February 11, 2015

They may have had their heyday 50 years ago but The Beatles are proving they've still got it.

Paul McCartney stole the show at last week's Grammy Awards and now it's Ringo Starr's turn for some time in the limelight as he brings us his brand new album in March.

Postcards From Paradise is The Beatles star's 18th studio release and is the first to feature his current All-Starr band made up of Steve Lukather, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie, Richard Page, Warren Ham and Greg Bissonette.

Ringo Starr
Ringo Starr has collaborated with the likes of Joe Walsh and Richard Marx on his new album

Family and friends also feature on the new album which was recorded at Ringo's home studio in LA.

The welcoming 74-year-old said: "If I am recording and you're in town and drop by, you're going to be on the record!"

Joe Walsh, Benmont Tench, Dave Stewart, Ann Marie Simpson and Richard Marx are among the guest artists that worked with Ringo on Postcards From Paradise.

The ex Beatles drummer began his solo career in 1970 when he released his debut album Sentimental Journey.

After that, Ringo tried his hand at country music with Beaucoup of Blues but found his greatest solo success with his 1973 album Ringo which featured hits such as It Don't Come Easy and You're Sixteen.

Ringo Starr Postcards From Paradise album cover
Beatles legend Ringo brings out Postcards From Paradise in March

But Ringo ultimately made his fame as a drummer for music legends The Beatles before the band split in 1970 after 10 years together.

The music greats still remain one of the most successful bands of all time though, having achieved more number one albums on the British charts and sold more singles in the UK than any other act.

Not to mention they're regarded as the greatest and most influential act of the rock era.

The Beatles
The Beatles are thought of as the greatest acts in rock history

Youngsters, eat your heart out.
Ringo's album Postcards From Paradise is out on March 30




wogew.blogspot.com
Postcards from Paradise single - first listen
Posted by Roger Stormo
Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Prior to the release of Ringo Starr's upcoming new album, "Postcards From Paradise", Universal Music have provided Joe Johnson's Beatle Brunch radio show with the title track, which is also going to be the first single from the album. You may listen to the track by clicking on the Vox amplifier in the upper left corner of the colourful website. It took us a while before the track started to play on our computer. The lyrics are full of references to past songtitles, not uncommon for Ringo - but this was possibly overkill.

Link: BrunchRadio.com






Postcards from Paradise
(Ringo Starr) 

I sent you there and everywhere
Until I saw you standing there
I am the greatest fan of you
And love is all I've got to do

It's all too much my little child
If you would be my honey pie
Eight days a week you will be mine
And getting better all the time

I'm begging you don't pass me by
And if you do please tell me why
I know you told me yesterday
You've got to hide your love away

But if your heart is bad to me
It's only love I'll let it be

Postcards from paradise
With all my loving i'll be true
Postcards from paradise
as ever PS I love you
Postcards from paradise

I wouldn't trade you for no one
I see your face here comes the sun
And I ain't going nowhere man
Because I want to hold your hand

It's like I said the night before
I'll love you when I'm 64

Postcards from paradise
With all my loving all be true
Postcards from paradise
As ever PS I love you
Postcards from paradise

I know that we can work it out
There ain't no need to twist and shout
And I will back off Boogaloo
Unless you see you love me do

Postcards from paradise
With all my loving i'll be true
Postcards from paradise
As ever PS I love you
Postcards from paradise

Postcards from paradise
With all my love and I'll be true
Postcards from paradise
Has ever PS I love you
Postcards from paradise



www.facebook.com/RPageMusic

Feb 12 2015

Being dragged around the world again... with Ringo Starr, Steve Lukather, Gregg Bissonette, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie Band and Warren Hamm.
Getting ready to take off,
RP (Richard Page of The All Starr Band)

And we're off ! Richard Page filmed us getting on the plane to start our tour !! Featuring Ringo Starr, Steve Lukather, Todd Rundgren, and Gregg Rolie Band.... See you guys soon !!
Gregg Bissonette (The All Starr Band)







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario