martes, 22 de julio de 2014

Paul McCartney Working On "Experimental" New Music

www.rocksquare.com
Paul McCartney Working On "Experimental" New Music
By Rock Square
July 21 2014

The ever-busy Paul McCartney resumed his “Out There” world tour in early July, following a bout of illness that forced him to cancel shows in Japan and North America. And while most would see such a health scare as a bad thing, it turns out McCartney was thankful for the rest.

"People say to me, 'Aw, that must have been terrible for you.' Well, no, actually," McCartney admitted. "No one ever tells me to rest! It was like summer holidays in school or something. I thought, 'Yeah, I can get into that.'"

But McCartney didn’t just sit in bed watchingTV and reading magazines. In typical Sir Paul fashion, he took some of his down time to work on some new music, which he calls “experimental stuff.”

“Over a week, I did a couple of tracks, and that reawakened my musical taste buds,” McCartney said. “I was really happy with those. They were just funky little experimental things, instrumentals. The first one I did was kind of African, so I gave it the working title ‘Mombasa.’ The next one was faster, and that one I called ‘Botswana.’ It was a good week.”

McCartney will get a couple weeks off before his next “Out There” date on August 2nd in Minneapolis. His August trek will wrap up on August 14th at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, where The Beatles played their final concert in 1966. Which, yes, was nearly fifty years ago. And McCartney is somehow still trucking.

“I keep thinking the laws of logic ought to apply and I ought to be really tired--but I'm invigorated,” McCartney said of his stamina. “There's something about it that just gives me energy.”

paul-mccartney.jpg

“Out There” Tour Dates:

08/02 Minneapolis, MN - Target Field
08/05 Missoula, MT - Washington-Grizzly Stadium
08/07 Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
08/10 Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium
08/12 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
08/14 San Francisco, CA - Candlestick Park
10/2 Lubbock, TX - United Spirit Arena (originally 6/14)
10/11 New Orleans, LA - Smoothie King Center (originally 6/19)
10/13 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (originally 6/16)
10/15 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (originally 6/21)
10/16 Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena (originally 6/25)
10/25 Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena (originally 6/22)
10/28 Louisville, KY - Yum! Center (originally 6/26)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario