lunes, 22 de enero de 2018

Yoko Ono Support Women's March 2018: 'Power to the Peaceful, Power to the People'














www.billboard.com
Adele, Yoko Ono, Natalie Portman & More Support Women's March 2018: 'Power to the Peaceful, Power to the People'
by Ashley Iasimone
Jan 20 2018


Eva Longoria speaks as she is joined by Natalie Portman and Constance Wu at a Women's March against sexual violence and the policies of the Trump administration in Los Angeles on Jan. 20, 2018.
Jae C. Hong/AP/REX/Shutterstock

Artists and actresses across the United States took part in and voiced their support on social media for the second annual Women's March on Jan. 20, one year after millions of people gathered to protest the inauguration of President Donald Trump.
This year's Women's March was spurred by the political climate as well as the innumerable recently surfaced accounts of men abusing women, and the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements that have resulted.
Celebrities joined activists in cities like Los Angeles and New York, where Halseygave a powerful reading of a poem she wrote about her own experiences with sexual abuse and rape.
"The most influential people in my life have always been women," Adele posted on Instagram, alongside a photo of herself with Jennifer Lawrence and Cameron Diaz, among rally signs. "My family, my friends, my teachers, my colleagues, and my idols. I am obsessed with all the women in my life. I adore them and need them more and more every day. I am so grateful to be a woman, I wouldn't change it for the world. I hope I'm not only defined by my gender though. I hope I'm defined by my input to the world, my ability to love and to have empathy. To raise my son to be a a good man alongside the good man who loves me for everything I am and am not. I want what's best for people, I think we all do. We just can't agree on what that is. Power to the peaceful, power to the people."
In a tweet featuring photos of herself at the Women's March in New York City, Yoko Ono simply wrote: "PEACE IS POWER."
Natalie Portman, Alyssa Milano and Amy Schumer were among the famous women who also posted about the day. See a roundup of tweets and Instagram updates from this year's Women's March below.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario