martes, 4 de septiembre de 2018

Paul McCartney gave Stormzy a piano lesson




















 Motown Museum Founder Berry Gordy and Paul McCartney Play Piano at PROJECT HARMONY



www.nme.com
Paul McCartney gave Stormzy a piano lesson
Nick Reilly
NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS
Sep 4, 2018


Paul McCartney and Stormzy Credit: Getty

"I showed him basic stuff - how you get middle C".

Paul McCartney has revealed how he gave Stormzy a masterclass in the art of tinkling the ivories.

The Beatles icon met the rapper after he sought his help in advancing the sound of his music.

“He’s (Stormzy) looking to advance his music,” Paul told The Sunday Times.

Image result for paul mccartney playing piano
Paul McCartney on piano

“As a rapper, I thought he’d have words down, but there was a piano, so I showed him basic stuff – how you get middle C, make a chord, a triad and, just by moving that, get D minor, E minor, F, G, A minor, and how that’s enough for anyone.”

It’s yet to be revealed whether McCartney’s advice is directly linked to Stormzy’s second album – which he is currently hard at work on.




Meanwhile, McCartney recently opened up on spirituality and how he became convinced that he had seen God during a particularly vivid drugs experience.

“We were immediately nailed to the sofa,” he told the Sunday Times of taking drugs in his Beatles heyday.

“And I saw God, this amazing towering thing, and I was humbled. And what I’m saying is, that moment didn’t turn my life around, but it was a clue.”

He continued: “It was huge. A massive wall that I couldn’t see the top of, and I was at the bottom.

“And anybody else would say it’s just the drug, the hallucination, but both Robert and I were like, ‘Did you see that?’ We felt we had seen a higher thin


Paul McCartney releases his new album ‘Egypt Station’ on September 7.


Image result for paul mccartney playing piano



4 comentarios: