viernes, 27 de marzo de 2015

RINGO NEWS : MORE SONGS FROM PARADISE

www.billboard.com
Exclusive: Ringo Starr Debuts 'Confirmation' From New Album
By Joe Lynch
March 25, 2015

Ringo Starr
Ringo Starr
Rob Shanahan

Less than a month from now, Ringo Starr will finally get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In anticipation of the former Beatle's induction, we're exclusively premiering a track from his 18th solo album, Postcards From Paradise, which hits on March 31.

"Postcards From Paradise is me doing what I do. It's part of my being. I play. We make records. We do the best we can," Starr tells Billboard. "It's homemade music. It starts at home with a drum pattern or a little synthesizer part. And it starts with just me and my engineer Bruce Sugar, who also contributes some good ideas. Then I take those tracks and call up my friends to help."

Ringo -- who paid tribute to Sun Records and Memphis on the 2003 song "Memphis In Your Mind" -- says this song finds him returning to the sound of that city.

"I called Glen Ballard to come on over and make a record, and I gave him a choice of two of my basic tracks I cut at home with Bruce," Starr says. "Glen chose this one and we turned it into 'Confirmation.' The original name for this track was 'Memphis' because it had that Memphis feel."

Check out Ringo's "Confirmation" below.




Postcards From Paradise is available for preorder on Amazon and iTunes.






blogs.wsj.com
Ringo Starr Gets Lovestruck in ‘Touch and Go’ (Exclusive Song)
By  MIKE AYERS
Mar 26, 2015

Ringo Starr’s 18th studio album “Postcards From Paradise” is out next week and features 11 new originals, including “Touch and Go,” premiering on Speakeasy today. Starr wrote the song with his longtime collaborator Gary Burr, who helps keep him focused.

“Gary will help make whatever we’re doing a song when I sometimes tend to wander,” the former Beatles drummer says. “He is a songwriter, and I feel I am the drummer who writes songs.”

The song is an upbeat, three-and-a-half minute organ-driven number, where Starr sings about the fluttery feelings of new love: “I knew from the moment we said hello, it had to be more than touch and go.”

Starr recorded his new album at his Los Angeles studio and credits having a gym next door as one of the things that keeps him feeling vibrant and still wanting to tour. “I do what I can to support being a healthy being,” he says.

Along with Burr, “Postcards From Paradise” features songs recorded with his touring group, the All Starr Band, as well as Joe Walsh, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ Benmont Tench, Peter Frampton, and more.

Along with a new album, Starr is set to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 18 by his Beatles pal Paul McCartney.




“Postcards From Paradise” is out March 31 on Universal Music.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario