jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2013

John and Yoko Never "Imagine"d Lennon's Biggest Hit Would Be a Success

www.vintagevinylnews.com
John and Yoko Never "Imagine"d Lennon's Biggest Hit Would Be a Success
by Paul Cashmere
NOISE11
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2013

The classic Imagine would become John Lennon’s signature song but when it was written neither he nor Yoko expected it to be as big as it would become.
In an interview with Australia’s Derryn Hinch Yoko explained, “When that song was made we never thought it would spread so widely but I’m so glad it did”.



The song was released in 1971 just after the break-up of The Beatles. Millions of Beatles’ fans blamed John and Yoko’s relationship for the end of the group. “I had the whole world hating me and bashing me and I released there was an incredible energy coming from them and I thought I should use that,” she told Hinch.
Yoko told Hinch that John was also affected by the negativity. It was very hard for him too. People attacked him too,” she said. “He was very courageous. We just loved each other so we decided to keep going”.
She explained that the way she and John overcome the scorn was to be positive. “I think that I was given those things as a challenge to find out if I could survive and I did,” she said. “I release that negative and positive is the way you think of things. It can start very small but if the whole world was wearing a t-shirt that says “Peace” it can be very effective”.
Yoko Ono will be in Australia for her War Is Over (If You Want It) exhibition at the Sydney Opera House next week. She will also appear for In Conversation on Sunday, November 17 at 3pm at the Opera House.

Watch the Yoko Ono interview with Derryn Hinch here:




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario