jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2020

Dire Straits’ Mark Knopfler Reveals A Little-Known Fact About Paul McCartney And The Beatles Song ‘I Will’

 




 

metalheadzone.com

Dire Straits’ Mark Knopfler Reveals A Little-Known Fact About Paul McCartney And The Beatles Song ‘I Will’

 

In an interview with SiriusXM, Dire Straits‘ guitarist and singer Mark Knopfler talked about the iconic song, ‘I Will,’ from The Beatles album and claimed Paul McCartney did most of the work while recording that song.

The Beatles released their ninth studio album ‘The Beatles,’ also known as the ‘White Album,’ on November 22, 1968. The band broke up only a year after the album’s release due to the ongoing conflicts between the band members and their personal relationships.

 I Saw Her Standing There - Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler and  more- Prince's Trust 1986 - YouTube

 Live at the Prince's Trust Rock Gala Concert in 1986

Recently, Dire Straits’ frontman Mark Knopfler joined a conversation on SiriusXM and shared his opinions on The Beatles song ‘I Will.’ The song was written by Paul McCartney and featured him both on lead vocal and guitar. The lead guitarist of the band, George Harrison didn’t join the recording sessions.

During the interview, Mark Knopfler confirms the fact that Paul McCartney was actually the one who put most of the work on ‘I Will.’ Mike added there was almost no contribution by George Harrison on the famous Beatles song.

Here’s what Mike Knopfler asserted about Paul McCartney’s work on ‘I Will’:

‘I Will’ by The Beatles from the ‘White Album’ (1968). There is something in there that seems to me to be pure. The Beatles were splitting apart about that time. It only sounds to me as though Paul put most of the work in on that one. And I don’t believe there is any George on there at all.”

 

Mark, Paul McCartney, George Martin, Sting
Music for Montserrat was a concert held on September 15, 1997 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, UK.

Furthermore, Knopfler mentioned the influence of the famous American rock and roll musician Buddy Holly on The Beatles song since Paul McCartney was a big fan of his music and stated:

“There is even a little guitar break in there that reminds me of something by Buddy Holly. I’m not sure what. And of course, Paul was a big Buddy Holly fan that I’m sure.”

You can listen to Mark Knopfler’s statements on Youtube below.

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario